Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Mom & Catie Afternoon Crafting

Every afternoon while Ryan naps from 1-3pm Catie has quiet time in her room. Somedays she goes upstairs and I don't hear from her for two hours. I have 1-3pm designated as "office hours" for me for my blog job at Toddler Approved so it is always nice when Catie is happy about quiet time so I get work done.


After a week of being gone on vacation and then everyone being sick, routines have gotten out of whack a bit. Although Catie will go to quiet time for a little bit, she also just wants something to do that is more interactive or fun. This week I decided to do some fine motor activities with her to try and strengthen her finger muscles a bit... especially with regards to snipping with scissors since historically that has been really hard for her.



In the blogging world we typically create content a month or two before an actual holiday... so sometimes I'm doing Christmas activities in October... or in this case, we were doing St. Patrick's projects before March arrived. Fortunately my kids don't really mind... although sometimes by the time the actual holiday arrives I am totally done with it.


Our St. Patrick's Day and rainbow crafts turned out so cute which was fun since I haven't really been feeling creative lately! Catie has been loving our crafting time so much that I think we did it every day last week. Some days we did it during quiet time and somedays we did it while Andrew did his homework. Ryan even joined in on a few and I adapted them for him. Her ability to focus cutting has gotten so much better! I think we'll be doing a new cutting project every day!


Like I mentioned, I haven't felt like my creative self lately so my crafty sessions with Catie got my enthusiasm back. If I am not in a creative mode then I tend to start feeling down and negative. So glad I managed to snap out of it! Now my only problem is finding enough time to record all of the fun we've been having.



In addition to crafting the kids and I have been having fun playing crazy games with balloons lately, like "don't touch the floor" or balloon flights. The kids have also been loving playing toilet tag. Don't ask. It is really funny though. 

I love afternoons when we can play and craft and ride biks and have nothing scheduled. I am trying to hold on tight to a few afternoons like that so that we can continue it for a little longer. I will be so sad someday when the kids have busier crazy schedules and I don't see them as much. I share love all of the moments I get to spend with them during the day right now... even the crazy ones!

No comments: