Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Twins Reunited...

This weekend was fabulous! Elise and Dan came up to visit us (and also to attend our friend Laura's wedding reception) and we had the best time hanging out! Some of the weekend highlights included:

1) An early Saturday morning run with Elise- I love running by myself usually... but there is nothing better in the whole world than getting to run with my sister. We have such a good time chatting and we run at exactly the same pace! It makes me miss our days at BYU when we'd go running together... sometimes at 2am after parties and sometimes at 5am before work. Those runs were so fun! Especially in the dead of winter when the snow was falling and muffled all of the sounds, so all we could hear was the crunch of snow/ice under our feet!

2) Dessert night with Rob and Ruth Ann! It was fun to catch up with the Daines family and learn more about Dan during Rob's interrogation :-) Ruth Ann also had the most amazing cakes from The Prolific Oven and the chocolate one had a cute baby rattle on it for Kevin and I and the carrot cake had a cute wedding design for Elise and Dan. It was such a nice surprise and so cute!

3) Trip to Ghirardelli Square with Elise and Dan- On Saturday night after the wedding reception we headed up to San Francisco to get some yummy hot cocoa and ice cream sundaes at Ghirardelli Square. The hot cocoa was delicious and they put marshmallows AND whipped cream in it- I was in heaven! It was also so fun to drive across the Bay Bridge at night and look at the beautiful SF skyline. I love living so close to such a beautiful city!

I am so excited for our Girls wedding dress shopping weekend in Utah next week so that I can see my family again- especially my sisters! This weekend reminded me of how special my family is and got me very excited for Elise's wedding in November. We are so excited that she is marrying Dan! He is such an incredible guy and we feel so lucky to have him be joining our family.

No comments: