Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

United We Run


Today a few of the girls in my ward and I headed up to Chrissy Field in San Francisco to participate in the 7th Annual “United We Run” RadRockyD 5K Fun Run. We ran from the Yacht Club in the Marina up to the bottom of the bridge and then back. The race was more like 3.5 miles and was awesome. At the finish line we we got Jamba Juice, Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, and granola bars. I was pretty proud of myself for keeping up a decent pace and finishing within about 32 minutes- a much slower pace than usual, but still ok. It is much easier to justify running a little bit slower when you're pregnant and about 15-20 lbs heavier, but it felt so good to be out by the water and running hard! Unfortunately the weather wasn't as idyllic as the picture above- it was overcast, foggy, and probably in the 50s/60s, but perfect for running!

Afterwards we headed to Plutos on Chestnut Street for a light lunch. What a great way to spend a Saturday! I love living so close to SF. I wish I had time to go up there every weekend!





1 comment:

Jenny said...

holy cow. that is way fast for being pregnant! i'm a pretty slow runner so i don't even know if i run that now. seriously how do you run with your belly? i was never able to get it down so i stuck to walking. that sounds like such a fun run, it is hard to find runs on saturday here.