Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Last Day In London

Yes, I realize that I am going out of order, but the last day we were in London (New Years Eve Day) was one of my favorites. Here are a few pictures of our adventures. Our first stop was Abbey Road.

After that we headed to St. Paul's Cathedral. It was incredible. We sang "Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins as we walked by all the pigeons in the front.

We decided to take the challenge and climb to the top...over 450 stair up to the dome and roof.

These are the windy stairs. They said pregnant people shouldn't go up... I was hoping Baby Buskirk wasn't going to be born on the stairs. Fortunately we moved so slowly that we barely broke a sweat.


Kevin had to be really careful so that he didn't hit his head. They had really bright signs that said "Mind your head" that were helpful.

Mom and I at the top.

Kev and I on our way down! Our knees were hurting from all the pounding on the steps.


Here we are on the Millennium Bridge with St. Paul's in the background.
Mom and Dad on the bridge with us. Notice that Kevin captured my dad smiling with his eyes open. Quite an accomplishment!

Me at my favorite spot by the Tower Bridge. It is so cute! We walked several miles to get there.


On our long walks we occasionally stopped for some treats- mostly because I had to use the bathroom a lot and you couldn't use them sometimes unless you were a paying customer. We ate a lot of snacks! The waffles were Kevin's favorites. I loved the hot cocoa and triple chocolate chip cookies at Caffe Nero.


Lastly, we headed to the Google office in London. We went on a tour, ate some snacks, and played with some of the fun toys that were around.


Here we are with our Google badges.



After spending the day walking for at least 5-6 hours, it was time for a break. The Google Love sac was the perfect spot to rest before the New Years festivities began.

To ring in the New Year we headed down to Big Ben and tried to get as close as we could. It reminded me of being in NYC trying to get close to Times Square. Fortunately, we could see Big Ben pretty well from our spot. Kevin kept me protected so that the crazy hoards of people wouldn't run into my tummy and somehow hurt our little guy (for some reason I was feeling very worried about that all night)... and Kev also tried to shield me from all the smoke. I think our baby got the most high he'll ever get on marijuana smoke or cigarette smoke over with in just one night. :-) After we counted down and celebrated the New Year, we raced over so we could see the fireworks being shot off by the London Eye... and then we headed back to the tube as quickly as possible. I'd have to say that the tube ride back to our house and the yummy ice cream I had once we got there was the highlight of my New Years Eve. I was so glad to be safely back inside and with my family. I probably enjoyed the best sleep of the entire trip that night because I was so exhausted! It was an awesome vacation. I'll post a few more pics of our trip later when I attempt to blog about the other days sometime soon. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Melanie Love said...

Wow, that looks like a ton of stuff to see and do in such a short period of time. It's really cool though that you could all go together. I am tagging you so check out our blog for the rules.