Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Maternity Leave

I am now "officially" on maternity leave... Kevin says I shouldn't be allowed to check work email anymore, but I haven't been able to stop that yet.

Anyways, I had the most awesome last day of work EVER! We went on a field trip to Coyote Point Museum in San Mateo and spent the day learning about birds of prey. It was so fun and all the little people listened to me and weren't absent (I told them that they weren't allowed to be absent a single day last week because I wanted to spend every second with them!). My favorite part of the day was hanging out with my cute boys as I drove them up to the field trip. They danced to my music and played "I call that" from my back seat. It was hysterical. After the field trip we had Fun Friday Free Choice Time and then we had our final class meeting before I sent the kids home. I gave them each a whole bag of M&Ms and they had to share their favorite "Memorable Moment" from the year. I was thinking they would say things like, "I liked when you gave us candy"... but instead they said things like, "I just liked being with you," or "I liked you teaching us, you are such a nice teacher and always help us," "I liked the crazy projects you did with us" and "I really liked how you helped us read." I started crying after the first comment. What a way to end the year! We took a cute picture with all of our M&Ms and then I said good-bye and sent them home
.
I spent the rest of the afternoon saying good-bye to all of my work colleagues and introducing them to my long term sub. I then proceeded to finally clean off my desk. I was at work until 7:30 or 8pm answering my sub's questions and then Kev came over to clean off some of my computer files.We celebrated my last day by going to a fun diner-like restaurant for dinner in Menlo Park- called Jeffreys...
and then I think I fell asleep before 10pm- right when we tried to watch one of our TiVoed shows. It was a great day! I am so lucky to have a job that is so incredible and so tough to leave.

(Here I am finally leaving work)

No comments: