Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy 2 Months!

Time flies when you're having fun... and we're having a blast with Andrew! Today we celebrated his two month birthday. I can't believe it has already been 2 months!! He was so excited about the celebration that he barely slept a wink last night and decided to get up nice and early to hang out with his mom. ;-)

We started out the day with a trip to our pediatrician for his 2 month check-up. Our predictions that he had gained a good amount of weight since his last visit were validated when we were told he now weighs 12.3 lbs (he weighed 8.1 lbs at his 2 week visit). He's quite a big kid now! He thought the scale was the coolest part of the visit and smiled and talked at it while we waited for the doctor.

They also measured his head circumference and his length. He is now 23 1/2 inches long... quite a different kid than the one pictured on our baby announcement that was sent off this week!


After we talked with the doctor we waited for the nurse to come back and give Andrew his birthday present- SHOTS! 3 of them.

(the calm before the storm)

Andrew wasn't a big fan of his present and screamed and cried for a little bit. After some cuddling with mom and dad he calmed down though and went to sleep in his car seat.


The next part of the celebration included a trip to Google for lunch. We tried out two different cafes. We ate "real food" at the first one and then we headed to a different cafe because they were serving chocolate molten cakes for dessert (I obviously married the perfect person for me... since I wasn't the one that came up with the idea to go get the molten cakes after an insanely large lunch). I think I would be enormous if I worked at Google and had food that good every day.


After lunch, Andrew and I headed up to Palo Alto to hike the Stanford dish loop with my friend Marie. We hiked it yesterday with my old roommate Sarah... and Andrew decided to go to the bathroom right when we reached the halfway mark- all over me, himself, and the Baby Bjorn! Here's the cutie yesterday at the end of our hike after he wet through both of our outfits.


I was hopeful that we wouldn't have a repeat bathroom performance today. Instead he just slept and slept! Once we got home he kept sleeping...


Then he decided to finally wake up... which was sad because then he realized that the shots actually hurt and he screamed and screamed. Miraculously after an hour of screaming I discovered that I was actually more prepared than I had expected and I found some Infant Tylenol in the bathroom. After some of the cherry tasting goodness, Andrew started to calm down, ate some dinner, and finally drifted off to sleep!


What a fun little guy! My favorite things about Andrew right now are the cute sounds he makes and his darling faces and smiles. He is such a smiley guy! His favorite things to smile at are the pictures on the wall behind the couch, the toucan doll that hangs from his swing, and the light above his changing pad... and of course, his parents!

(smiling at his toucan)

He is such a content little kid and loves to just chill and watch people. The other night he just sat in his little chair while I did a kickboxing video and smiled and stared at me and followed me with his eyes around the room.


He also loves hanging out on his tummy, rolling over when he can get himself positioned right, playing with his toys (especially his mirror), and watching me when I make goofy faces at him.

(in the middle of a roll)

(smiling at mom)

It has been a great two months!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

i need to go work at google! i've decided that sounds like the job for me.

i love all of andrew's smiles!

The Bond Family said...

Andrew is getting so big! I love that he's smiling and lifting his head up like a big boy! How exciting. Love you, miss you!

Laura said...

What a cutie. Jonathan's mom said he was the same way - he loved to just watch people. I'm hoping our kids are like him (and Andrew). Good babies. I was a bad baby. :-)

The Mostess said...

I feel bad for the little guy in the picture where he's getting his shots. Poor baby! He is a cutie.

Critchlow said...

Why do they make clothes for babies that look like they just got out of jail? Or worse yet that their still in jail with those stripes?