Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holiday Excitement


This weekend we got into the holiday spirit a bit and went to some fun parties. We attended our friend's Annual Gingerbread House Competition again (check out pics from last year here). We had a lot of fun and it was nice to have a night out. Don't we look so great in our "ugly" Christmas sweaters? ;)


Here we are hard at work and serious. Erin & Dave were making an ark and Alie & Steve are professional homebuilders... so we didn't want to look too stupid


Liz was nice to "watch" the little guy while he slept. (Thanks Liz!) Unfortunately at the end of the night he decided to show her how loud he can scream... hopefully we haven't scared her away for good :)

Little man was so out of sorts last night that he just cuddled with me for awhile and was so sad. We watched his favorite Baby Einstein lullaby movie to try and calm him down. He just wrapped his little fingers around my finger and snuggled with me, it was SO CUTE! I hope we figure out what's making him so annoyed soon! He is usually such a happy guy. (I'm sure it has something to do with the return to our 900 sq ft condo and missing all of his grandparents and aunts and uncles!).


Today I went to another friend's Annual Cookie Swap.


As always, it was delicious. This year I made peanut butter kiss cookies to contribute. Here's the stash I got to bring home.


The last bit of weekend excitement came tonight as I washed dishes in my hideous sink for the LAST time! For some reason I felt the need to clean the countertops and the sink, despite the fact that they will be ripped out and tossed in the dumpster within the next 12 hours. Oh well! I am so excited to have a prettier sink that does not match the ugly countertop and get marked up and dirty so easily! If you look behind the sink, you'll notice that the bar has already been demolished. Kev loves demolition work.


If all goes well tomorrow, we'll have accomplished one more thing on our condo to-do list. Hopefully then we can get a few things back in order and maybe decorate a bit for Christmas!

3 comments:

The Mostess said...

So glad you could make it this year! :)

Alie said...

YAY FOR THE COUNTERTOPS!!!

Liz said...

Like a crying baby could scare me away! I just felt so bad for Andrew. I'm sure was just so confused when I went in there, but i was just following what I was told to do. I loved sitting for you two, so don't hesitate to ask again!