Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Parents Behaving Badly


I think this article called Parents Behaving Badly in Time magazine is fascinating. I love the description of "helicopter parents." I have definitely seen these ones in my classroom. I hope that I don't turn into one someday :)

I am hopeful that someday I can be one of those awesome parents that helps a lot at school... but not too much... and that is pushy, without being one of the psycho parents that's obsessive and camped outside of the classroom peeking in the window during the school day. For those of you that are already there with your kids... do you have any tips?

I'm hoping that all the good and bad experiences I've had so far with parents as I've been a teacher can help me fall somewhere in between... but I already have a feeling it's going to be tricky.

2 comments:

Molly and Jason said...

I would love to read this article! I was just thinking the other day - Please dont let me be that parent that the teacher hates! Dont let my kid be the tardy kid or the one that is flaky and never turns in their work on time!! FUNNY! Hmmmm, does this reflect my current school year? Maybe! :)

Kristine Gray said...

Loved this article. I have so many scary parent stories after 18 years in the classroom that I could write a book. Of course everyone would think it was fiction because some are unbelievable.