Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy 2 Weeks!

(Sleepy boy waking up for the day- trying to escape out of his swaddle blanket)

(driving to the doctor's office- still sleeping!)


This morning we had Andrew's 2 week check up. He was quite a champ. I'm sure he considered it to be absolute torture. The poor kid was sound asleep and we had to strip him down to his diaper and then the nurse practitioner tried to weigh and measure him. He showed us how much he liked that whole experience by peeing on the table (notice the wet spot next to him).


Once the pediatrician came in, he decided to be a bit more cooperative and show off a bit. His first trick was to roll over all by himself when the doctor was checking him out with her stethoscope. He'd done it for me twice earlier in the week, and although it was probably just a reflex, the doctor was quite surprised- yay for all that tummy time! In about 3 more months he'll probably know what he's doing and be able to roll over purposefully.

After he got checked out, the torture continued as the doctor cleaned off his scabby belly button (the umbilical cord stump finally fell off yesterday, so now we can give him a real bath!) and then helped clear out his stuffy nose w/ saline and the nasal aspirator (boy did he hate that!). We were happy to learn that he's growing perfectly. He now weighs 8 lbs 1 oz. (he's gained 11 ounces since our first doctor's appt. on 2/29) and he is now 20 inches long (no wonder he's finally able to fill out the little feet on his clothes! We thought we'd just shrunk them in the wash).

(Zoning out after the torture was over)

As soon as the torture was over, Andrew chomped down on his pacifier until he felt better and then fell fast asleep! Happy 2 week birthday Andrew!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

wow, is he always that good? i wouldn't know, but having a baby that sleeps a lot i imagine would be the best thing ever. way to go andrew on the roll!

Ashley said...

What a doll. I feel like I am reading about my life just a few days late. We had our two-week appt last week and Max weighed in at 8 pounds 2 ounces. I hope you are enjoying your adjustment. I'd say we should get together with the little guys but I have figured out the hard way that I shouldn't make plans yet. I am not that pulled together. But definitely in a couple months!!!

Critchlow said...

Kristina- Congratulations!!

I don't know your husband but, Kevin- Congrats too!

He is adorable. Lots of hair! It seems to have been a life time. I found you through Nat's blog- his mother-in-law is my neighbor. All the Jersey gang kept in contact minus me. It wasn't that I didn't want to- we were universities and worlds apart. The Jersey gang turned into the Y gang. Not that I didn't feel invited- it is more my fault than yours.

It would be good to hear from you...but you are very busy now.