Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Best Job Ever!

A few months ago I was asked to be the Activity Days leader at our church. This job involves working with some darling 8-11 year old girls. We meet on Thursday evenings every other week for fun activities that my assistant leader and I plan. Participation in the activities helps the girls earn their Faith in God Award. Right now we're working on the "developing talents" achievement and I feel so lucky to have so many gifted friends who have been able to share their talents with my girls!

At the beginning of May, Heather came and taught the girls how to make yummy chocolates and fancy boxes to give to their moms/special women for Mother's Day. The girls LOVED the tasty treats (and so did the leaders)... and it was really fun to learn about how chocolate is made.


Last week my fabulous friend Alie taught the girls about photography. She gave them 6 simple steps to help their pictures turn out great and taught them how a camera works. Hopefully now my photo taking will improve too! They spent the rest of the evening taking pictures of each other and several of them turned out really cute. They really liked taking pictures of the adults, so here is one of the pictures:

(Left to Right: Alie, Me, Sharla)

This weekend we had an Activity Days Garden Party with the girls where they learned some gardening skills and made some other fun projects. The girls helped plan the activity and invited special guests to attend and it was a blast! The best parts were the double chocolate chip waffles (cooked by our chef Kevin) and dirt dessert! (I'm sure everyone went home with a stomach ache though!)

(pots made by the girls filled with little flowers they transplanted)

It is so fun to work with such great girls AND learn new skills at the same time! I am really excited to learn from more of the talented women that I know and see them in action with the little girls!!

Thanks again Heather and Alie!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You are doing SUCH a good job! I heard wonderful things about the Garden Party. You are so creative and wonderful! The girls are lucky to have you.

Kristina said...

I was fortunate to have some super creative people like yourself to follow! The girls still talk about how awesome your Luau was last year!