Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Give Thanks!

Our family has a lot of things to be thankful for this year... so I thought I'd start thinking about Thanksgiving early and make this cute sign. We had Girls Night Out with our ward's Relief Society last Friday night, so I spent the evening chatting while I made this sign. It wasn't that hard, but I managed to drag the process out so that it took from 7:30-10:00pm... mostly because I did so many coats of paint! My friend Lindsey runs a business (www.ittybittyimprints.com) that sells these cute signs and tons of other darling stuff, so she arranged it so that we could make them. I felt so domestic and crafty as I sanded down my wood board. I think I'm going to have to buy some more kits from her and make some of these for Holiday decorations- I love the Halloween ones!

Some of the things I've been grateful for this week are listed below:

- A visit from Liesl, Allen, and the girls- we love our nieces!! Kate calls me "K-Tina" and it reminds me of when Jessie used to call me "Tina" when I was little.

- A trip to the SF Opera and Osha Thai with the Buskirks. The Magic Flute was beautiful! I just wish it would've ended before 11pm! My body can't handle late nights any more.


- Walking Field Trips and history- today I got to climb up Hoover Tower on Stanford University's campus and explore the Cantor Art Museum's exhibit about the Stanford family.


It was fascinating! Also, by the time the little people walked across campus and back they were too tired to have any behavioral problems at the end of the day!

- Potatoes! As many of you know, potatoes are the only food I REALLY like right now (other than chocolate). This week I had a different type of potato every night for dinner- I especially love Google's roasted new potatoes! (If anyone has any good potato recipes, please pass them along!)
- Elise and Dan's upcoming wedding! I am so excited for them and loved getting their announcement in the mail this week. They are such a cute couple.

- My new running buddy Alie! We attempted running at 5 am two mornings this week and it was so fun! (mostly it was fun after we woke up and were already on the road jogging... the waking up part was the hardest)

- My fabulous husband who does the dishes, remodels our bathroom in his "free" time, brings me potatoes from work, taste-tests my desserts and always says they're the best, reaches the high stuff on shelves for me, and gives me huge hugs when I'm being an overly emotional pregnant lady :-)

...and there is so much more to be grateful for!

1 comment:

liesl said...

We had so much fun spending time with you guys. Wish we could manage it more often. Earlier this morning I was eavesdropping on the girls playing in the other room and I heard them calling each other Kristina, Elise, and Jessie (they frequently pretend that they're all different people). It was so funny. I hadn't realized they'd remembered your sisters names. We sure like you guys and can't wait to see everybody at Thanksgiving.