Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Little People

I told the little people about our baby boy on Thursday and they were VERY excited! It's kinda fun to tell kids exciting news- especially when some of them don't have internal filters and just say the funniest things. One kid told us all about his mom's C-section and several other kids started asking me questions about how the baby comes out of my tummy. I deflected those questions and said that they should ask their moms. They of course thought that was logical and said, "Yeah, our moms are experts. You wouldn't know anyway since you've never had a baby before." :-) They were amazed by the ultrasound picture and spent several minutes describing what they saw. They also thought it was really funny that I was going to start getting fat because they baby was going to start growing. They also started listing off all of the things they were going to bring me from their houses- blankets, baby shoes, etc. One of my former students sent me an email after she heard the news (how cute is this?!).

Dear Ms. Buskirk,

I like your baby boy so much.
When I was a baby, I stayed in Mommy's tummy too.
When Andrew was a baby, Andrew was in Mommy's tummy too.
Then we went to South Lake Tahoe, are you going to take your baby to South Lake Tahoe?
Can I touch your tummy?

Love,
Allison

After I shared the news with the kids, I passed out cute little goodie bags

so that they could celebrate with me and little announcements for them to take home to their parents. I filled up little baby bottles with baby rattle candies.

It was a great fine motor task for the kids to try and get the candies out of the bottles...since it took me awhile to get them in there :-) Kept everyone occupied and happy for all of recess.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

oh my gosh you are so cute. how come you didn't bring US goodie bags when you shared the news!?

delikk said...

you're an excellent teacher! not sure anyone has ever put that much thought into how to tell their students about a baby. CONGRATS again!