Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It's a BOY!!!!!!!

After an hour or so of doing jumping jacks, walking around, etc. our little guy decided to cooperate with the ultrasound technician and turn over and we wound up with some great photos. He was quite the poser and definitely liked moving his little legs! Hopefully he'll be my new running buddy come February/March.

Here's a picture of Kevin and I posing with all the photos of our newest family member while we celebrated with some Cheesecake Factory cheesecake and Linda's Fudge cake. Our favorite way to highlight the special moments in life!

Here's a great profile of the little guy. All the important parts were visible and my favorite part of the trip was when the technician zoomed in on the screen and we could see our little boy's mouth moving- he already takes after his mom and grandma and is talking to himself! I was so grateful that Kevin was able to take off work so we could enjoy such a special moment together. He got the better view during the appointment (I couldn't see the screen for the majority of the time while the technician was taking measurements), so it was fun to just watch Kevin's expressions of awe while he watched our boy move around.

This week has also been a special one so far since I have now finally shared our exciting news with both my principal and the PAUSD director of Special Education (my bosses)- I'm about to pop... so I figured I either tell them this week or by next they'd have figured it out by themselves. Both have been so wonderful and supportive and are already getting moving to find a phenomenal long term substitute for me so I can spend March-June being a 100% devoted mom. I will share the news with my students on Thursday and I am so excited to see their reaction- they love babies- especially boys- since 6/8 of them are boys. Should be an awesome week!

6 comments:

Miranda said...

Yea, I'm so excited for you guys! I, of course, was pulling for a girl, but hopefully we will have a boy one day that he can play with.

Jenny said...

yeah, a boy! congratulations! that is so cute that he was talking to himself and running around in your belly. i can't wait to meet him!

Heather said...

You're gonna be a great Mom, Kristina! It sounds like he has a big personality already. Very cute.

becky said...

Congratulations! I'm excited for you. Thanks for the update - it sounds like he's an active little guy.

kt said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you'll get some solid time off! (you'll need it ...)

Hooray!

Dubious Brown said...

Congrats! Boys are much more fun!! :-)