Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A week of gratitude

Last Friday Jessie, Cat, and I drove down to Santa Barbara to meet up with my mom and Elise for the Santa Barbara International Marathon and Half Marathon. Jessie and my mom ran the full marathon and Elise, Cat, and I ran the half.

From November 2011

The first thing I am grateful for this week is that the half marathon is OVER! It was a beautiful and hard experience. I think I am going to post about it in more detail in a separate post. It was just one of the fun things we did for our Girls weekend. We also stuffed our faces with pizza at Rusty's Pizza and ate lots of Mexican food at Chipotle... in addition to eating huge ice cream sundaes at Ben and Jerrys. We ran a lot after all... so we totally deserved it, right? We also did some shopping in downtown Santa Barbara and just lounged in our hotel rooms. Of course the one morning we could sleep in, Cat and I woke up at 7:30am and couldn't go back to sleep. I had such a great time sharing a room with her though and enjoyed lots of chatting time.

We also played the role of tourists and stopped by for a visit at the Mission Santa Barbara before we headed home on Sunday.



On Monday my friend Chrissie planned the most adorable Thanksgiving themed Mommy and Me Book Club class for the kiddos. I think Andrew's favorite parts were eating marshmallows and pounding on the drum!

From November 2011


From November 2011

I have felt like a grump all week (and Kevin agrees that I have been)... but last night we took a family trip with Shari to Don Jose's in Alamo and after downing almost two baskets of tortilla chips I think I got my good mood back. Man that food (in addition to the two baskets of chips) was good! Watching Kevin and Andrew eat churros also made me happy.

From November 2011

This morning Andrew and I finally made our Thankful Tree. I have had this idea on our schedule for awhile but it just never happened. I loved listening to what he came up with as we brainstormed. "I am thankful for volcanoes..." was first on his list.



We are also thankful for this little cutie. She loves to let go of furniture and just clap for herself and attempt to move forward. Today she took an actual step or two. I was upstairs the first real time... and missed it (she took 3 steps), so she tried again for me later and took a step or two and I managed to film a bit of it.

From November 2011

From November 2011



Andrew is also keeping us entertained this week. He is so proud of his newest accomplishment- moving across the monkey bars!

From November 2011

Tomorrow my sister Elise is going to be on CMT's Top Secret Recipe talking about Mrs. Fields... so I am also thankful for an excuse to visit Mrs. Fields :) It is going to be part of my celebration. (Mrs. Fields is giving me several gift certificates to giveaway on my Toddler Approved blog too... so if you want some free cookies, drop by and enter the giveaway tomorrow). I'm hosting a cookie party on Friday night as well (to watch the show), so that will be another fun event to be grateful for.

Last but not least, I am grateful that Kevin has been home this week! Despite being a grump for the first part of the week, we've had a lot of fun. On Tuesday night Shari was so nice to babysit for the kids while we went out to dinner to CPK (Thanks Shari!). After lots of bread, pasta, and a stop at Cheesecake Factory for dessert, we came home for the night. Today we just had fun running errands together, helping Catie try to walk, catching up on TV shows, and eating lunch as a family.

Tomorrow Andrew has his Thanksgiving Feast at preschoool... so the fun will continue!  

No comments: