Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hanging out in Utah

Andrew and I have been enjoying our trip out to Utah so far. Here are some pictures from the week. We can't wait for Kevin to arrive tonight! It has been a long 6 days without him! Andrew has been missing his dad so much that he has barely slept a wink at night since he's been in Utah :) Fortunately G&G Smith have done a lot of babysitting in the mornings so that I could get an hour or so of sleep.

Tummy time w/ mom


Posing for the camera at Mrs. Fields in Park City :)
I've been trying to catch this pose on camera for awhile... cracks me up


Grandma Julie introducing Andrew to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Park City

Shopping on Main Street in Park City


Cute Park City trolley- I love this town in the summer!


Relaxing w/ Aunt Elise after her long day of lacrosse coaching!


Eating Grandma's purse at dinner


Spending time w/ Aunt Jessie


Pulling Aunt Jessie's hair


Lastly... oral surgery! So far is has been the lowlight of our trip, although my dentist was awesome! This morning I got phase one of a tooth implant surgery. The surgery will be in 3-4 phases and the rest will be done at Christmas time. I'm currently on the ice cream and Jamba Juice diet and am trying my best not to take any of the narcotics that were prescribed for me. They did a lot of drilling through my gum and jaw bone. It felt great when I was all numb and living it up with the laughing gas... we'll see how the rest of the week goes. I can't eat on that side of my mouth for 3 weeks, so maybe this will be my opportunity to lose my last 5 lbs of baby weight :) Good thing I have Andrew to keep me occupied... he makes it so that I don't have too much free time to have a pity party for myself or get too sad about the pain.

Hopefully the implant cooperates and forms a bond w/ the bone the way that it is supposed to.

Tonight we're headed to Tooele for the big Karl Smith Family 4th of July Celebration- tanks on parade, a buffalo through a flaming ring, fireworks, big BBQ, it should be a blast (and a great way to keep my mind of any pain)! I'll try to take tons of pictures. Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

The Bond Family said...

Kristina! It was so great to finally have a chance to check your blog and see what you're up to. Sorry to hear about your tooth - no fun. But Andrew is DARLING! Goodness, he's changed so much. He's a perfect little mix of you and Kevin. I miss you guys and I'm glad to see you are all well and having fun. Love you!