Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2008

More from the World of Andrew

We've had a busy week full of fun! Here are some of the highlights... along with other random pictures we've taken.

Bedtime with dad
(Andrew is modeling the lovely new muslin swaddle blanket we got him... it is cool and cozy)


Crazy kid~Breakin out of his miracle blanket


Andrew's new trick that he performs every night is spitting up on his dad. It doesn't matter if he hasn't eaten in several hours... he always finds a way to ruin at least one of Kevin's shirts each night. This particular one Kev is wearing has been a victim several times (including it's morning debut a few weeks ago when Kev got to change again before going to work).

Kevin was very excited to get home on Wednesday night and discover that I had finally let Andrew wear the little Boston Red Sox onesie that Shari & Allen bought for him. A photo shoot therefore followed (don't worry... there will be a Yankee gear photo shoot sometime soon as well). Andrew proceeded to spit up several times all over his lovely Red Sox outfit... maybe this is his way of communicating that the Smith Yankees brainwashing has been working? :)



Playing with his cute teething toy Grandma Shari gave him. He loves it!


Sticking his tongue out at mom


One of our other fun activities this week was moving boxes out of my classroom down to our apartment. It is definitely entertaining trying to move boxes up several flights of stairs while hanging out with Andrew. I strapped him to me in the Baby Bjorn and then we unloaded boxes of books into his Snap n Go stroller. I then held a box, pushed the stroller, and Andrew happily watched while drooling all over the Bjorn. I looked pretty ridiculous, but got the job done.


I didn't realize how many books I had until I brought them all home... and I still have 6 more boxes at school that I haven't made it down yet. I am so excited! We've been trying to read at least 2 big books each day, in addition to all of Andrew's baby books that we read. We also took a trip to Costco so that we could stock up on our chocolate chip food storage (hence the big Nestle bag in the photo).


We have also spent A LOT of time singing this week. Andrew loves watching me doing little fingerplays and actions to different songs. He loves the different voices or animal sounds that I make too. I found my WeeSing songbook and tape in my classroom boxes, so we've been going through and singing all the songs I remember. It is hysterical and we both end up giggling. Andrew's favorite songs are "Skidamarink," "The eentsy weentsy spider," "Old MacDonald" (loves the donkey sound!), The ABC song, "If You're Happy and you know it," "This Old Man," and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." I found a version of "Twist and Shout" on YouTube the other day with a baby dancing and so we danced to that too and it was so funny! I love his reactions!


The other fun thing I got to do this week (without Andrew & Kev) was go see the musical, "The Wizard of Oz" at Santa Clara High School. Two of my little Activity Days girls went with me to watch another one of the girls perform. She was a munchkin and the melting witch. She did an incredible job and it was so fun to see her shine!

It's been a great week!

2 comments:

Laura Tanner said...

My little sister used to love Wee Sing so we'd always have it playing in the car. I still remember a bunch of them. Skidamarink-a-dink-a-dink, Skidamarink-a-doo, I love you! I'll have to borrow your copy sometime so I can bring back all the memories. :-)

The Bond Family said...

Andrew is so stinkin' cute! I loved the picture of him in the baseball cap. Too cute. And the photos of you and your brother and sisters are hilarious! Loved it!