Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Reasons I Love Being a Stay-at-home/ Work-from-home Mom!


1. I've logged 6 hours of work so far this week and did most of it in my loungewear.

2. I no longer hate Sunday nights.

3. I can choose to take a nap at 8am after a bad night, or do pilates instead, while Kevin & the little man have father/son bonding time.

4. I can hike the Stanford dish or go on a 2 hour walk during the middle of the day (although I definitely don't choose to do this enough!)

5. I can go to Costco and the grocery store in the morning and avoid EVER going on Saturday again (although I still love my late night Saturday grocery runs!).

6. I have time to clean my bathroom and kitchen and make my bed every day! (that is a miracle...just ask my former roommates)

7. I no longer have to supervise other adults or be on show all day (in fact, I can choose to spend an entire day talking to no one else other than Kevin & Andrew)


8. I get paid to read awesome children's books and come up with material that will help my students and that I will probably also be able to use with Andrew at some point (This week I'm reading, Amos & Boris and The Random House Book of Poetry for Children and creating activities/projects/assignments to use with the book). The collection of poetry is beautiful and the poems were selected by Jack Prelutsky (a fun children's author) and the illustrations are done by Arnold Lobel... the writer of the darling Frog & Toad series. It is such a fun read!



9. I am constantly discovering new things and realizing that there isn't enough time in the day to learn everything I want to know! (This week I'm also reading, The Developing Brain: Birth to Age Eight by Marilee Sprenger- courtesy of my fabulous sister and Corwin Press)

10. I get to see this ALL day!!!


I am glad the people that said I would go crazy being a stay-at-home mom were wrong! I love it! It is anything BUT mindless and boring... I only wish there were a few more hours in the day!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I agree with the not hating Sunday nights. I used to want to stay up late on Sunday night to feel like the weekend wasn't over. I love that you love being a stay-at-home mom! Enjoy it while you only have one little one at home with you!