Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

What does the word "properly" mean to you?

To me it means that I am paying $132 for a very very very dumb ticket.


CA Vehicle code 27315(d)(1) A person may not operate a motor vehicle on a highway
unless that person and all passengers 16 years of age or over are
properly restrained by a safety belt.

I always wear my seat belt. It is not always comfortable to wear the shoulder strap across your chest sometimes... especially when you're a new mom. Instead, I had the shoulder belt under my arm... but the seat belt was ON... yet the trainee cop still pulled me over on a major highway to give me this dinky ticket.

So... the dilemma is, should I pay the dumb ticket and get over it, or should I try to get the bail payment lowered?

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oooo, I HATE cops in training! If they find a way to pull you over they will nab you with everything possible.

I know I would want to fight it.

Good luck!

Jenni said...

awww man! that's SO lame!

seriously that is something only a trainee would do...

but take traffic school over the insurance raise... it's not THAT bad... xP

The Mostess said...

I think they got you. Pay up and don't repeat the mistake.

Janelle said...

I say fight it. If it's a woman judge she will probably understand if its a man you could just make him really uncomfortable telling him about how you are a nursing mother it causes production issues or something really awkward to have as a public conversation. He could get so side tracked and not want to talk about it he will drop it. You could also ask uncle Marc. He got me out of a speeding ticket. It's not about if you are guilty it's about if they did everything right. They have books to get you out of tickets. Good luck!

Janelle said...

PS that code also says (g) This section does not apply to a passenger or operator with a physically disabling condition or medical condition which would prevent appropriate restraint in a safety belt, if the condition is duly certified by a licensed physician and surgeon or by a licensed chiropractor who shall state the nature of the condition, as well as the reason the restraint is inappropriate. Maybe you can convince your doctor to write you a note if you can find info on the internet supporting :)

RC Cola said...

I say fight it. That is ridiculous. I have been wearing my seat belt like that my whole life. Is there a rule that says you have to wear is a certain way.