Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Letters

Little man is like a lot of toddlers in that he loves music. On our really long road trip he watched his "Letter Factory" video one too many times and now he is obsessed with letters. He loves to talk about them and points them out when he sees them. He can only visually identify a few letters at the moment, but because of the song on his letter movie, he does a pretty good job with the letter sounds.



The video teaches one or two of the letter sounds incorrectly (at least based on what I was taught), so I sing super loud at those parts so he doesn't totally learn them wrong.

We usually talk about the sounds when we're working on stuff, so here are two clips of him saying the sounds. I just think it's darling.

I think it mostly pure memorization at this point (he doesn't actually get what he's saying) but it's a good start and it's cute to listen to. When he says the "F" sound he just uses his nose bc that is what he hears. It looks like he is sniffing.



He also LOVES the ABC song right now and attempts to sing along with me.
I am so excited for him to learn how to read in a few years and hopefully he'll like books as much as I do!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

The A says "AAA!" The A says "AAA!" Every letter makes a sound the A says "AAAAA!"