Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Kicking off Valentine's Day

Catie was so excited about Valentine's Day that she woke up at 3am and then again and 5:45am and couldn't be convinced that the darkness outside meant that it was still nighttime.


It is amazing how productive you can be that early in the morning if your favorite little person won't let you lie in bed while they watch shows on the iPad for more than 10 minutes.

My grand idea was to take the kiddos to McDonalds for a special lazy moms V-day breakfast (since we're almost out of frozen waffles and pancakes). They had a different idea and wouldn't get their behinds off the couch... so I started cooking!

Andrew got a giant heart shaped pancake, cheesy eggs, and pink milk.


Catie got homemade baby pancakes (her favorite... though usually I let Eggo make them) and peaches.


We also gave Sushi a Valentine's Day treat and fed him. I think we've only remembered to do that three times since Kevin left for Brazil. I am proud to say he is still alive after 10 days in my care. Previous pets haven't been so lucky.


My homemade breakfast was somewhat under-appreciated... though they both ate every bite. I enjoyed a diet coke and cadbury mini eggs for my breakfast


And then we did laundry and dishes... all before 8am! Quite a productive morning. Let's hope I'm not up that early again anytime soon unless it also means I got to go running!

T minus 2 hours till Kevin lands in San Francisco.

No comments: