I don't really like to make lists anymore because they stress me out and I am a bit unreasonable with what I think I can accomplish.
The summer seems to be fading fast if you look at pinterest and people are already planning back to school events and other crazy stuff like that.
I am choosing to ignore any of those things for now and just live it up for the next 4-5 weeks. School doesn't start till the last week of August fortunately.
I do want to keep track of our summer adventures... so here's where I am going to do it... and I'll update this post as things change.
Here are some of the things we've done or still want to do this summer...
- Road trip to Utah (DONE and we survived. Stay tuned for loads of pictures over the next week or two)
- Ride the Ducks in SF (DONE. We got free tickets for a blog review. I'm sharing all about it next week on Toddler Approved.)
- Go to Santa Cruz and Maryannes. Ice cream and the beach go hand in hand. We might actually have to go twice, once with Kevin... once by ourselves during the week when it is less crowded.
- Explore Muir Woods. The kids have been dying to go to the forest. Andrew acts like he's never been to one.
- Visit Gilroy Gardens. We have tickets we won in the preschool auction... so we need to go soon!
- Be lazy and spend several days just running to the park in the morning and walking to the pool in the afternoon.
- Try out the new Indian food cafe at Google. Kevin has been raving about it... so I will need to go meet him for lunch sometime soon!
- See Monsters University and Despicable Me 2 (DONE! Kids loved them)
- Explore Baker Beach in SF's Presidio
- Host a few more "Camp Mom" days (We've been doing some of these with our friend Chrissie & kids. We read a kid's book to the kids and then do crafts and activities related to the book)
- Play at Dolores Park (DONE! thanks to the Balena Bucket List!)
- Hike around at Sutro Baths (DONE! Also due to the Balena Bucket List)
- Finally go to Golden Gate Park and roam around it
Any other Bay area spots we need to visit this summer?
What things are on your summer "to do" list with your kids?