Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas in San Francisco 2015

Continuing our usual tradition, we headed into San Francisco for some Christmas fun after a busy Saturday! There were several fun moments and some stressful ones (picture three kids running towards the street and me with no voice to get them to stop), but all in all, we had a great time and everyone made it home! It was touch and go there for a minute or two though.

We started at Boudin Bakery at Fisherman's Wharf with some yummy tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I could eat that every day. It is SO yummy! All the kids swarmed Grandma Julie so we had a grown up table and a Grandma Julie kid's table. I'll bet you can guess which one was the craziest!




Next we headed down to Pier 39 to check out the big tree, take pictures, grab some mini donuts at Trish's Mini Donuts and we also visited the sea lions. I actually had never seen them before so that was a treat. The kids thought they were really funny.


It was so neat to have the whole Smith clan in town for the weekend and get all the cousins together... even if I couldn't talk with anyone and it was a really short visit! Jessie was my interpreter. Earlier in the day we celebrated Sophie's birthday with bounce house fun at Scott & Cat's house and then we had Catie's gymnastics b-day party and our Ward Christmas breakfast (hence the reason my voice was gone by the time we got into the city).


Ryan and Catie had fun trying out our new piggyback rider while we roamed the city (since I am working with them over on my Toddler Approved blog this week).




We ended the night with a trip to Ghirardelli Square. The line was insanely long at both of the ice cream shops. Fortunately we stuck it out and then other people started getting impatient and leaving in droves... so then we got in and out quickly. It was awesomely yummy!


Ryan wanted nothing to do with ice cream so we got to eat his :)


I really wanted to swing by Union Square and check out the windows at Macy's and the tree but at that point it was already 9:30 and I think Kevin thought I was a bit crazy... so we headed home! Ryan zonked out on the drive back and then we all got to bed pretty quick once we got home and slept in until almost 10am today so that was lovely. 

Hooray for Christmas fun in San Francisco! 

Past Christmas in SF Trips

2014
2013

No comments: