Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Krafty Kristina & More Andrew Adventures

I am not a super crafty person, but occasionally I have these grand ideas when I see something at the store and I think, "I can make that!" Usually I buy all of the materials, start the project, and eventually it ends up getting added to a box of unfinished stuff at the back of my closet, or sent to DI. I loved these fun mats (sp?) I found at Pottery Barn.


They don't make them for the 5X5 picture frames I already have... so I decided to make my own hand-stitched baseball mats for my three picture frames. Here's the first attempt. I'm hoping the next two come out a little straighter since I am OCD about things like that (although not OCD enough to pick these stitches out and try again... which is progress for me). I am also hoping I can whip the next two out a little faster... this one took me several months b/c I only worked on it every few weeks. They will perfectly match Andrew's sports-themed bedroom when they are done and showcase the beautiful pictures taken by my awesome friend (and photographer) Alie.


And speaking of Andrew... here is the little man with his new best friend- the baby in the mirror


And here are a few other pictures from our fun times this week:

We spend quite a lot of our morning talking to the mirror these days, practicing blowing bubbles at Andrew's new "friend," and shrieking!


It was a little chilly on our trek to the Palo Alto Baylands duck pond on Tuesday so Andrew got all bundled up and we did some hiking and exploring (mostly I hiked and explored though... since Andrew fell asleep shortly after I took this picture).


This is how Andrew spends a lot of his floor time these days- stuck on his side or looking over his head at things in the distance... can't seem to totally figure out how to get himself all the way over.


This was the face he made after he rolled over for the first time from back to front earlier today. He's been doing the front to back roll for awhile, but this new type is still tricky for him... can't seem to figure out how to get his hand out from underneath his rather large body :) We'll see if he tries it again anytime soon or if he just decides he'd rather be lazy and just chill on his side.


Keep posted for more of Andrew's adventures!

No comments: