Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shoe Shopping, Thai Cooking, and Hanging out with the Balenas

Andrew started out his day with two of our favorite people, Grace and George. Grace kept the boys entertained and Andrew and George had fun hanging out looking at each other. Just watching Andrew try to roll over and grab George made me think that all too soon they'll be wrestling and moving all over the place! They grow up so fast! Such cuties!


"Excuse me... I'm over here"


Grace saying, "Look babies, look!"... she would hold up a toy to show them while looking around for the next one. What a super big sister!



Later in the day, Andrew and I went to the mall to escape the heat and FINALLY get me some new running shoes! The last time I bought shoes was about 6 months ago and now there are holes in the soles and all sorts of parts of the fabric are worn out... so the time had finally come! I usually dread shopping for running shoes b/c I always end up settling on a color that I don't like because they are the right make/model... and they rarely have the color of shoes I want at the store (next time I plan to buy online!). Today was an exception though... they had both pairs of shoes that I wanted and they were ON SALE... so I was finally able to get a pair of pink trimmed running shoes. After we bought my shoes, we took our traditional trip to Mrs. Fields (I was good today and didn't fall for the buy 3 get one 1 free trick that causes me to eat 4 cookies for dinner!). After that, Andrew reminded me that he needed shoes too... so we headed to Nordstrom to look for the shoes I've been wanting to buy for him for awhile. They are also always out of stock. Today was our lucky day! Andrew LOVED his shoes. I'm hopeful that by starting early to pair his mall experience with a cookie and some sort of item he can chew or play with, eventually he'll become a super shopper like his dad :) Today definitely helped move us in that direction.

Loving his shoes! (or, maybe the plastic?:))


A successful shopping trip!


The last part of my fun day involved Andrew going to bed nice and early so that I could head over to my friend Sona's house to learn how to do some Thai Cooking. My fabulous friend Nat taught us how to make a delicious pork, veggie, egg, and rice noodle dish called Pad See-Ew. It was amazing! Not only did it look beautiful, but it tasted delicious and wasn't too hard to make! I can't wait to try making it for dinner.


What a wonderful day! Such a great way to finish off the week!

2 comments:

delikk said...

Pad See-Ew is my favorite Thai dish. Send over the recipe!! Love the shoes...what a successful day!

Liz said...

Dinner looks really good! Where did you find the shoes, I might need some. I love that we have boys close in age!! They will be friends for life!!! THANK YOU for watching my babes and giving me a much needed break!