Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Day at the Museum

I love the SJ Children's Discovery Museum. My new goal is to go there at least once a week. Andrew-man LOVES it too. It is hysterical that he totally thinks he is big like a lot of the other kids. Mom's cringe when he starts crawling or doing the drunk man walk towards their toddlers... he gets stepped over, crashed into, etc. and he keeps going undeterred... he MUST be where the people are and all the action is at ALL times. No obstacle is too big. He will try to push around kids double his size.


I was so proud that my little man wasn't eating the sand. He did try to lick the test tubes though, so we had to go sanitize them. He's definitely going to have a strong immune system after this weekly adventure.


The kid had no interest in crawling up the stairs once he figured out the hand rail. He did a pretty good job, until he decided it would be just as cool to go down the stairs too... a skill he's not close to mastering yet.


I actually don't even need to be with him really. I don't think he ever looked around to see if I was anywhere. I followed behind in his wake trying to help him avoid the running toddlers that he didn't notice.


He gets so flushed and out of breath at some points that I think he is going to flop from dehydration and exhaustion. He is constantly moving. A mother's dream. (tired boy=a great night of sleep!)


He loves to share what he finds with the big kids... and will do it again and again and again until they are annoyed with him.


He absolutely LOVED the water. He got drenched the second his smock was put on. He splashed water all over himself. In this picture he is clenching his teeth to stop them from chattering... he was soooo cold. Good thing all my wonderful friends warned me ahead of time to bring him an extra outfit. He was very appreciative when we were done.


The wetness didn't stop him though.


This week we met up with a few friends. They left pretty soon after we arrived. I never worry to much about going with anyone else... Andrew makes friends easily. If you don't pay attention to him you get the stare down until you acknowledge him. In this picture he's looking at the other moms in the area. :)



The kid was also enthralled with the ambulance. He had a full on FREAK OUT when I took him out of it. I have actually never seen him get that mad. It was really funny with the kicking and yelling and stuff.


He thinks driving while standing up is the best thing ever. The only way I got him to stop being mad about leaving the ambulance was to remind him about the cool huge blow up duck that we get to see as we leave the museum.



It worked. The duck made him happy all the way to the car. The parking lot at this place is perfect too- located right next to the intersection of 87 and 280. Andrew just says "vroom, vroom" as he watches the cars and squeals as I buckle him in to go home. What a magical place!

I already can't wait until our trip next week...

1 comment:

Alie said...

YAY! I love that place. I'm glad that he loves it too!