Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Loving the schedule

We have been having a little too much fun relaxing this week. Last week was EXHAUSTING for some reason, so we're still recovering. Our schedule has been pretty chill, but fabulous. I am loving it! Too bad every week can't be like this one.

We start off the day by saying goodbye to Kevin.


Andrew has been pretty sad about that part. I have been too. Kev has been working until 10 or 11 or later every night this week.


Then we cuddle and watch the Today Show and Regis & Kelly... Andrew had fun the other morning jamming with the Bacon Brothers. He does an awesome air guitar.


Then we check on our flowers. Andrew likes to give them something to drink... and then he tries to steal the water we give them. I am excited that they are actually growing! I have never successfully grown anything before.

Monday


Wednesday


While Andrew takes his first nap, I do work for about 45 minutes. I am learning about the Gold Rush and California Missions right now. I love it.

When he wakes up, we CLEAN and then we go running for about an hour. As long as the little man is eating, he is happy. I am not looking forward to the stage when he rebels when he is put in the jogger... so I just cherish every day right now when we get to go out.


After our run, we play for awhile and eat lunch. Then we clean up again and little man takes his nap. I work, do YWs stuff, watch TV, blog or do all of the above :).


After the naps, we make sure the house is spotless and then we head out for a playdate at the park or a friend's house or we head to the children's museum or on errands.


This means we rarely leave the house until 3pm (other than our jog). I still feel incredibly productive despite the fact that I am sometimes in my loungewear until 2pm.

loving his new ball from yesterday's Target trip!

We try to stay out running errands and playing until around 6pm. Then we eat dinner, play, and Andrew takes a bath. He loves running around with his lion towel on his head saying "ra ra ra ra!" (his own sort of roar!)


Then we read stories, clean up, and Andrew gets to bed before 7:30 and sleeps until 7am the next day. It is the perfect schedule. After teaching kids with autism for several years who were very schedule-oriented, I LOVE when our days go smoothly and are repetitive. For some people it would be boring, but for me it is FABULOUS! I hope it stays this way for a few weeks.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Somehow you get a whole lot more done each day than I do! It sounds like a great schedule. I wish I was better about having one. I fear I was the cause of you being so exhausted last week. Sorry!!!

Kristina said...

Ironically you weren't the cause :) I actually only taught seminary one day, so you can't be blamed! I think it was the airplane flights.