Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

New Running Routes

One thing I love about moving or traveling is finding new places to run. Last week I went on my favorite running website, mapmyrun.com, and worked out some new routes. We're still not running that far, but our new run is very scenic and enjoyable for Andrew because we pass by three parks.

Lately we have been stopping at all three of them on our route. I do a little playground workout and Andrew gets out his energy. I love this park because it has a darling train at it. Today several little girls had fun playing restaurant with Andrew. He sat at the table in one of the train cars and they fed him "pie" (water balloons). He enjoyed throwing the "pie" and all of them loved cooling off when the balloons broke.


This next park has a fabulous toddler playground and bigger kid playground. There is so much fun stuff to do. Andrew and I love going down the twin slides together.


The last park on our route is very outdated and tiny...mostly metallic... but it is still awesome and Andrew loves it. It is right next to a basketball court and a little league field, so Andrew just yells "ball" at the kids while they play. He also LOVES this little ducky. Today he said a new word, "duck."


I think exploring new parks and streets has been one of the highlights of our move.

We visit the parks almost daily, so if anyone ever wants to come join us, let me know!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I should tell Brigham about that website. He's trying to get into running. Sorry we didn't make it the other night. We were planning on it all weekend and then both our kids started having melt downs Sunday afternoon. Not pretty AT ALL. I hope it was fun! I feel bad we missed out on those yummy desserts because that's JUST what I need right now!