Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Sunday Fun

Yesterday we had some friends over for a house warming dessert party. While Kevin and I got things ready, Andrew showed off some of his new skills that he's been working on in nursery

ears
nose
head
toes

The little man also had fun pulling out all of his toys to show his friends that came over.

...and then he waited by the door with anticipation
I made a strawberry pie
a chocolate cheesecake (which is surprisingly hard to decorate when you can't find several essential cooking tools... the shaved chocolate was a bit of a disaster)

and my favorite summer treat-mint chip ice cream pie


I have been enjoying leftovers all day.

In addition to all that weekend fun, I managed to open the car door too quickly and hit myself smack in the head really hard. The bump on my forehead has been swollen since Saturday night... and this morning Kevin nicely exclaimed, "wow, that's looking even bigger now than it did yesterday." Fortunately it just looks like I'm breaking out on my forehead because it is so shiny and red and puffed out. :) I am hoping it feels better tomorrow! If not, I'll continue to make myself feel better by eating ice cream pie!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

ok, i totally want the mint chip ice cream pie recipe! I love mint chip ice cream! It looks divine!! E-mail it to me P-LEASE!!!! :)