Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Crazy Busy!

It's been a crazy week... here are some of the highlights

- Little man is learning to crawl with his head. He can actually move places now with a combination of rolling and head crawling.. with some interspersed army crawling (I'll upload the video footage soon). The other morning he pulled himself partway up onto Kevin's drums. He is proving to be quite the musician. He spends a good part of the morning rocking out by kicking or punching the bass drum (this is not a pic of a bass drum... but you get the idea)


- Once again we trekked to the mall to make some returns and stimulate the economy. All the stores seemed to be having sales... a Halloween sale, before Halloween? Desperate times. We went to Old Navy to try and find a costume for the little guy... since Halloween's coming all too quickly. After unsuccessfully trying to have Andrew decide, I bought the monkey one. He kept picking the skunk and I didn't think it was cute enough. I got home and decided I don't think I like it. What a rough life I have... guess we'll have to go back to the mall on Friday? Always good to have another excuse for Mrs. Fields and the buy 4 cookies get 1 free deal :)
Is it wrong for us to dress our son up like a dashboard ornament for Halloween? Kev and I think this costume is hysterical.

Anyone have any other costume ideas? We're struggling.


- Somehow Andrew also cut his first tooth this week. We discovered something pointy and sharp this morning. We'll take a picture once it gets a bit easier to see. Hopefully this won't impact his sleep too much. We've been enjoying sleeping in until 7 or 7:30. The other morning I woke up at 8:30 and had to WAKE Andrew (and Kevin) up!

- I have also been crazy busy with meetings lately and Kev & I are having fun trying to juggle our evening activities- Kev is still doing Scouts, and I have Activity Days and Young Womens. It is rare we see each other before 9:30pm lately. We are VERY excited to have a date night this Saturday night!! Shari, Kev's mom, is coming into town and is going to hang out with Andrew while we go out. Yay! We are so excited to see her!


- In my free time this week I'm doing online traffic school. Woo-hoo! The course is pretty lame. The web pages are timed, so I have to spend a specific amount of time reading each page. Until now I thought drivers were pretty bad, but now that I know the laws even better, it is just amazing HOW bad people drive. It's amazing I don't get more tickets. I break the law all the time without even realizing it.

Hopefully we have a little bit of down time this weekend! If not, we'll be fine though. I loved all the great General Conference talks last weekend and all of them have helped me remember to find "joy in the journey" this week. I have shared so many special moments with Andrew just cuddling on the couch and rolling around on the floor. I just wish I could keep him this age forever. He is so fun!

I'll post some new "real" pictures of the little guy soon. I keep forgetting to bring my camera!

3 comments:

teuscher travels said...

Totally laughed at the car freshener costume!! I think it is great and wont judge you:) You would get so many laughs!!

Tim and Jennifer said...

the air freshener costume is amazing! i say go for it.

Laura said...

I was looking at all the ON costumes a few weeks ago and thought the monkey was cute. Too bad it's not cute enough in person.