Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Grandma Comes to town!

Shari came into town for a family funeral this weekend. Andrew & I had fun hanging out with Shari and her sisters on Friday afternoon and then we LOVED getting to spend most of Saturday together with her and Kevin.

Andrew had fun playing with his Grandma!



... and of course, he loved spending lots of time with his dad too!


Polo twinners! (Andrew was done w/ wearing his jeans though...
don't you just LOVE those little chubster thighs! :))


After a fun day of Cheesecake Factory, baseball, and playing with Andrew, Shari took over and put the little man to bed and sent Kevin & I out on a date night. We headed over to Golfland.



We also spent some quality time at the arcade. Kevin decided that maybe DDR is not my calling... after I couldn't make it successfully through the beginning tutorial.


My favorite part of the night was the candy claw game. I got all excited when we saw it... Kev was very skeptical... he said no one could win the game because it was too hard and the claw would open halfway and the candy would just drop. Little did he know that Elise & I spent some quality time in the Roppongi arcades when we lived in Tokyo perfecting our skills at this game. I ended up winning handfuls and handfuls of candy. It was awesome. Unfortunately, most of the candy had been in there for quite a while... so I didn't really want to eat any of it... but that wasn't the point. I just wanted to HAVE it.


(this is a mini-version... and unfortunately, NO, the one I used on Saturday
DID NOT have Cadbury chocolate in it... now that would be an even better game!)


Kev & I felt like we were back at a birthday party in elementary school and all we wanted was MORE TICKETS! We played skiball (or, "iceball" as it was called at this place) over and over again b/c we discovered that you could get the most tickets that way. We had so much fun! We used all of our tickets to buy some little random toys for Andrew, and some tootsie rolls for Kevin. What a fun night!! Thanks Shari!

After a night of excitement without the little guy, we were so happy to see this smiling face on Sunday morning!

1 comment:

delikk said...

The sweater vest and shoes are too adorable!