Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Countdown to Halloween

I love Halloween. My favorite book to read-aloud to my old students was the Jerry Seinfeld Halloween book. Usually the kids didn't understand all of it, but it would just make me and my staff laugh hysterically. Halloween is the coolest holiday. I can't wait till Andrew can really go trick-or-treating and I can help eat his candy.

In honor of October 1st, today we dug through our holiday plastic containers in our storage shed to get out the Halloween stuff... only to discover that I must've thrown a lot of things away last year (pregnancy purging?)... so Andrew & I headed off to buy some cheap new Halloween decor (cheap because Andrew likes to chew on everything and because I will probably find something else I want to buy next week :)).




We also got Andrew some cute pjs to wear this month. I love the pumpkin on the behind (and it was 50% off)!


After our day of shopping, we got ready for my favorite October activity- fondue... and most specifically, caramel fondue w/ apples!

Andrew tried to help me unwrap the caramels. He's got the Buskirk system down- unwrap one, eat one, unwrap one, eat one....

Dumping out the caramels


In heaven!


Wishing he could crawl


Staring at his caramel friends when mommy took them away


Mad because his toys are not as fun as the caramels


I tried out a new caramel fondue recipe that was really easy. Usually the caramel ends up being too liquidy and then it won't stay on the apples, but this recipe was perfect. I was worried that we wouldn't have enough, so I bought WAY TOO MANY caramels. We also made dark chocolate fondue. Fortunately, the Young Women ate a lot of fondue tonight. Unfortunately, there is still a lot of fondue left. Anyone want fondue for lunch tomorrow? I can't eat any more... I don't want to see any more... Way too much sugar! This is why I only eat caramel apples once a year. Call if you're in the area and have a craving for chocolate fondue or caramel fondue- seriously... it needs to go away.

1 comment:

evelania said...

Dang--I've been thinking about making caramel for apples...too bad I can't stop by for some, sounds delish! ps, wanna post that easy receipe, or email it to me :)