Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Best Part of the Day

Every morning Andrew and I head off on our run around 8:45/9:00am. He falls asleep for his morning nap the second the stroller gets out of our parking lot. Lately it's been chilly in the morning, so it's been fun to get him all bundled up. He falls asleep even faster now because he is so cozy and warm. Look at those sleep eyes!


On Tuesday and Thursday we run with one of the young women from church. On our way to pick her up this morning, we bumped into one of the boys from my old seminary class. He rode his bike along with me while I ran and we chatted about his fun day at early morning seminary (Ashley- you are so creative! Whatever game you played today sounded like so much fun. Wish you'd been my seminary teacher!). When we arrived to pick up my running buddy, her little sister decided to come running with us too... so our little running/biking entourage headed off around the neighborhood. We spread out across the entire road blocking traffic. It was so fun!

As we ran further, we lost our biking friend and our little running buddy tired out, so we circled back and dropped her off at home and then finished our 5 mile loop. It was a great way to spend the morning! On our way back home, I pulled off Andrew's Google hat and he had the most awesome crazy hat hair. It had kinda gone down by the time I took this picture, but I think it looks funny anyway.

'
And... I just loved this facial expression.


My cool down walk home with him after our jog is the best part of the day. He is so well-rested and happy and just looks up lovingly at me and coos or giggles. I love it!

On a different note, the worst part of the day these days is anytime I try talking or eating (both unavoidable things since I like to do both A LOT). I have these awful canker sores all over my tongue and mouth (gross, I know!). Anyone know any good remedies? I think they are stress related, but I haven't had them this bad since I was doing my National Boards and planning my wedding. I desperately need some ideas... I can't survive much longer if it is this painful when I eat my chocolate :) I've tried putting alum on them and gargling salt water, but mostly I just take Tylenol constantly. Any other suggestions?

5 comments:

E J said...

My sister had the same problem with her mouth. You can see a doctor who will prescribe antibiotics - but if you want to go the more natural route (which will probably be a little safer if you are still providing milk for Andrew) the supplement that seems to work the best is Lysine (found at any health food store). I've also heard that Oil of Oregano and Colloidal Silver Spray can help. My sis had the best results with the Lysine, which is supposed to repress "Arginine" - the amino acide that provokes or replicates the virus. Good luck!

Jenny said...

ooh i get really bad canker sores sometimes too when i eat too much chocolate or citrus-y fruits. my dad got me some random thing from the store once that seems to make them go away faster. It's called Gly-Oxide, its an antiseptic oral cleanser but says on the back it helps with canker sores.

That is the WORST when they interfere with chocolate consumption.

Sara said...

Anbesol. It's OTC and works like magic. Maybe a little numbing, but helpful nonetheless. OR Camphor-phen-somethingorother. You can find this where the stores sell chapstick, etc. That works like magic, too.

Melanie Love said...

For the pain, use baby orajel, even on your tongue, and try zinc tablets to help it go away quicker. I don't know for sure if it works for canker sores, but I have geographic tongue and if I eat citrus or other foods it flares up and I read that it's because a lack of zinc and to help with the pain to use orajel.

erin said...

It will make you cry, but I use Listerine. It kills the bacteria and numbs your mouth afterward. If you're brave it totally works for me!