Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Something Different

I've been trying out a variety of different Indian simmer sauces since Kev & I LOVE Indian food. My friend Alie had recommended a particular brand and I finally found it (I think), so yesterday I attempted to make one of Kevin's favorite Indian dishes, Butter Chicken. It was something a little different than our typical Sunday frozen pizza and tasted delicious!.

We made some rice (unfortunately we didn't have Basmati, so we used Jasmine, which tasted just as good to me... although typically we use Jasmine rice when making Thai food- not Indian... but oh well!) and then we made the chicken w/ sauce and bought some Naan to go with it too- mmm! Next time I'll actually attempt to add some vegetables for me, but this week we literally had 45 minutes when we were home between meetings to eat and I didn't have time to dig through the freezer to find all my veggies, so this worked perfectly. I think you can get it at some of the Indian grocery stores, but they also started carrying it at Safeway. It is so good! Definitely try it.

2 comments:

Alie said...

That's it!!! Yay. I'm so glad you found it :)

The Mostess said...

Yum...we just did Indian this week, too. Try the Maya Kaimal line--you can find them @ Tj's and Whole Foods. We tried the vindaloo sauce with chickpeas...really tasty!