Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Perfect Day


One of my students used to have an occasional "princess day" with her mom. They'd sleep in, relax, and just enjoy time together. Today Andrew and I enjoyed our own special day. I'll call it his "Little Prince Day." It was nice to just devote an entire day to cuddling and hanging out with my little guy without any meetings or other things on our schedule. We just played and played, ate yummy treats (Chocolate Chex for me and Sweet Peas for Andrew :)), and lounged around in our p.j.s and occasionally attempted to do some laundry, running, and cleaning. When he took his long 2hr afternoon nap, I even managed to snag my own short nap. It was fabulous! That never happens- usually I force myself to do work. We're going to have to start scheduling "little prince" days more often. The day just flew by (as most do) and it left me feeling sad that I couldn't have even more time today with my precious little buddy. I already can't wait to see his smiling little face tomorrow morning!

Here are a few pictures from our fun week so far. We visited a different park in Palo Alto each day since we were up there for work meetings.


Andrew loved the M&Ms stickers that we played with the other afternoon. Don't worry, he isn't sad in this picture, he's just staring intently at the M&Ms stickers :) Definitely my little boy!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

He is darling in those pictures. What a sweet day! I've found that I enjoy my kids and myself the most on those days when I quit trying to do everything else and just play with them and enjoy them. Good reminder to do it more. They will be gnarly teenagers before we know it.