Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sprinkles & the Super Seven!


Today we started off Andrew's 7 month birthday celebration with a trip to the new Sprinkles Cupcakes store at the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto. Liz and I arrived at 10:30am and joined the short little line of people waiting outside the store. We were glad we arrived early. By the time we left the mall, the line was much longer and filled with a lot of moms w/ strollers who had the same breakfast idea that we'd had. Delicious!


Kevin and I had done our research online earlier in the day to figure out which flavors they'd be selling today, so I had my mental cupcake list all ready. We ordered a box of 6 yummy cupcakes. I ordered some normal ones: chocolate marshmallow, black & white, vanilla milk chocolate... Kev decided to be a little different: lemon, vanilla, cinnamon sugar. His choices made it difficult for me to share... since I don't really eat cupcakes unless they have some sort of chocolate on them/in them. We neglected to order their signature red velvet cupcake, but after hearing how good it was from Liz (and that it had cream cheese frosting), I may have to go back again next week.

Andrew was more interested in eating his shoe than eating the cupcakes


Although I am not really a cupcake person, this trip was definitely a great way to start off the day! The bag also kept Andrew entertained for quite some time. Mmm, yummy!


* Kev swears that Sibby's Cupcakes are better than Sprinkles, so Andrew & I might have to venture up to San Mateo to do some taste-testing sometime soon. The downside is that Sibby's only sells cupcakes by the dozen... Might be a tough trip for us :) If anyone wants to tag along, let me know.

Happy 7 Months Andrew!!

3 comments:

kt said...

I'm happy to pick them up for you (and go in on some of them! - I bet I could get Jeremy to join in, too...) as I work in San Mateo :)

Let me know ahead of time and you can place an order for me to pick up for you! I'd love an excuse to see you!

Jenny said...

ooh yum! i didn't know they had a sprinkles in this area. sometime i will have to make it out there to try it!

teuscher travels said...

Mmmm I am a Sibbys Lover ( I know they arent chocolate but the lemon drop is DIVINE) but I havent ever tried Sprinkles...I think we should have a cupcake competition:) I will help judge:)