Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

The Main Event

Last night we got to shower Scott & Cat with some love at the fun Bridal Shower that my mom hosted at her house. It was totally spdv (same people different venue) for a few of us that just attended Cat's California Bridal Shower, so it was awesome to continue the partying back here in Provo.

Scott & Cat are absolutely the cutest (and most photogenic) couple ever! At the shower, I had so much fun visiting with friends from NJ, women from my parent's ward here in Provo, other friends and family from Utah, and of course, Cat's mom, sister, and friends.


The food was delicious (of course!), especially the desserts! My mom made five or six cheesecakes and they were incredible. The chocolate cheesecake with oreo crust and raspberries was my favorite! We also made several salads and other appetizers. I made a yummy chicken salad with cilantro-lime vinaigrette, but my favorite dishes were the spinach dip, bean dip, and primavera salad! I ate way too much when I was helping get everything ready. Little man did NOT want to be put down all afternoon while we were setting up, so after passing him around from Elise, to Jessie, to mom, to the exersaucer, I finally just strapped him to me with the Baby Bjorn and the little guy was IN HEAVEN! He just didn't want to be left out and loved trying to grab at all the food and look at everything. Fortunately his arms are still a little too short to reach anything.


Scott joined us for a game and present opening.


My mom made the cutest party favors!


The evening was so lovely and it was really nice for so many people to come and celebrate Cat & Scott's upcoming marriage! Only 8 days left till we meet again in California. I can't wait!

No comments: