Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Will Work for Chocolate


It is pretty obvious from the way that I dress that I have no real sense of fashion. I always choose comfort over style and avoid fabrics like cashmere and wool like the plague. I always admire nice things on everyone else, but can't seem to buy anything other than cotton t-shirts (usually black) and skirts (cotton, plain, sometimes from Anthro). I have a pair of Juicy jeans I bought several years ago that still fit, so they are basically the only pants I will wear. Occasionally I'll wear things like turtlenecks or somewhat stylish shirts (usually bought for me by my sister)... and sometimes I'll even bribe myself into putting on a nice cashmere sweater, but usually I'll bring another outfit with me for when I reach the breaking point and can't tolerate the itchiness anymore. I had the most hideous black thin sweatshirt that I LOVED wearing with skirts or whatever until I left it on the airplane last week. I've been depressed since then.

Today Andrew and I went to the mall to look at shoes (the one area in which I will sacrifice comfort for style or at least height- the shoe's gotta be at least 3 inches tall or I hate it). Anyways, as we walked around and looked in the stores I got depressed. I can never find any clothes that I want to buy... and yet there isn't a gaping hole in our finances... so I started thinking about what I actually spend money on. The results were even more depressing than losing my sweatshirt or not finding any clothes...


#1 Safeway/Lucky- mostly for treats (especially Hershey's Nuggets Truffles and M&Ms)


#2 Mrs. Fields- I am obsessed with the milk chocolate cookies lately. The fact that I know the salespeople and managers at the Hillsdale Mall and Valley Fair Mall is a little bit humorous, but the fact that they've asked if I work at the mall is a little bit more disturbing.


#3 McDonalds- They make pretty good chocolate chip cookies, and you can get 3 for $1, so when the little man is sleeping and I need a treat and I don't feel like lugging out the stroller, the drive thru is the perfect way to get a sugar fix. Sometimes I'll even get a McFlurry w/ M&Ms and crush up the cookies and mix them into the ice cream. Mmmm! Burger King also has decent cookies, but since it is right down the street from my house, I don't let myself go there. That would be a VERY bad habit to get into! (especially since I have so many other bad ones already)


I think I need a chocolate intervention ASAP! :) Now, if only I could get a job at Mrs. Fields (before they go completely bankrupt) so that I could subsidize my cookie habit. Too bad we don't still live in the time where you work and then get paid in food or animals... I totally would've loved to teach little kids and then have their parents pay me in chocolate... maybe that can be my new business plan? Think the Director of Special Ed will go for it?

1 comment:

Alie said...

I'm glad you feel the same way about shopping that I do!!! We should go and pick out outfits for eachother :)I think you are beautiful and we have to just find clothes that can stand up to your beauty!!!