Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

A Little Bit of Vacation...

Andrew and I jetted off to Utah on Tuesday morning bright and early. I don't think Kevin appreciated the 5am trip to the airport, but it all worked out perfectly because this was what the flight looked like...

He fell asleep right when we took off and woke up when we touched the ground. The flight was virtually empty, so I also got to bring his carseat on. I got a great nap... which made me feel better since I'd gotten up at 4:30am to get ready for the day and had that "I feel sick" feeling going on all morning.

We were so excited to finally be back in Utah to visit! It had been almost 2 months and I was missing our families! Fortunately, we got to do a lot of visiting during our little vacation. In addition to visiting friends/family, my favorite parts of the trip so far have been...

- running every morning by myself or with my mom around 8:30am (while Andrew chills with Grandpa Kim)
- hanging out in large, spacious, uncluttered rooms (I'm going to have to do more purging when we get home!)
- sleeping in until 8am!
- relaxing, lounging around, not having a schedule!
- just hanging out with Andrew and watching him interact with his Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents

Here are a few more pictures:

Although he loves his oatmeal, his toes seemed like a better option during dinner


My mom and I had fun staying up way too late getting things done for the upcoming Bridal Shower for Cat (the actual reason why I flew out to Utah).


My dad kept us company and stayed up late putting Andrew's Utah exersaucer together. He was wishing that Kev was here to help!


Andrew enjoyed being Grandma Julie's study buddy and LOVED her highlighter.


We also had a great time having a Buskirk/Johnson lunch at Macaroni Grill with Shari, Liesl (and Andrew's cousin Leah), and Shauna. It was so fun to get a chance to visit a bit. (of course, I forgot my camera... but the highlight was watching Leah enjoying the chocolate cake! She and I are going to be great friends :)).

Andrew also got to hang out a bit with his cousins- Ella, Kate, and Leah and I loved checking out their beautiful newly finished basement. I hope some day we can have some storage and play space like that!!

Lastly, we loved getting to visit with Miranda and her girls. They are darling! Andrew liked getting to play with all their cool toys and tested out the baby changing table for his new little buddy that will be born at the end of September. We can't wait to meet her!

So far it's been a great trip... but we miss Kevin! We're so glad he gets to come with us when we return to Utah in two weeks for Scott & Cat's reception!

No comments: