Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Designed to Sell


Today I felt like we were on an episode of HGTV's Designed to Sell as we met with a home consultant to decide what needs to be done to our condo to get it ready to sell.


I'm going to be sad to say goodbye to our cute little place when the time comes... but for now, we've got A LOT to do in the next month or so.

We are sending a lot of stuff to storage so we can get our place staged and ready to go.
Andrew has been very helpful with the packing.


He also seems to have quite a knack for knowing when my hands are tied up with scissors and tape and starts booking it towards the places he knows he shouldn't go- outlets, cords, cameras, the toilet, garbage cans ... It just makes my job a little bit more fun :)


Fortunately he seems to be taking after his Uncle Scotter and LOVES boxes... so they can keep him entertained for awhile until he decides to start eating the cardboard.


I've also discovered that he loves golf balls and footballs, so I just stick him on the floor with a few of them and roll them around and he crawls around like a little doggy just trying to get them to stay still so he can stick them in his mouth. Fortunately we've discovered that our floors aren't that level (or else the golf balls have some issues?), so the balls roll and roll!



We were up way too late last night trying to get everything in order for our consultation today. Fortunately, the lady liked our bathroom updates, so Kev & I were thrilled. Hopefully pretty soon our kitchen counter tops will look more like this (minus the bigger/nicer kitchen)


And our fireplace will look a little more like this :)


Wish us luck...well, mostly our in-house DIY man, Kevin :) Should be a fun new adventure... in the meantime I'll be looking for plants, wall-art, a little dining room table, and a rug. All things that I've been meaning to buy anyway. Good times... Andrew & I are always looking forward to having ANOTHER reason to go shopping, so this shouldn't be too tough :)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

i didn't know you guys were thinking about moving right now, are you trying to get into a bigger place?

leakysieve said...

Okay I know I am no longer in any sort of loop, but are you moving away? That would be really sad :(

Kristina said...

We're not sure where we're going to go (somewhere close by and on the peninsula or in the south bay)... but definitely somewhere bigger!!

Ashley said...

Those pics of Andrew in the box are adorable! That makes me want to find a box and put Max in it for a photo shoot.

I really hope you can find a place to move in the ward for my own selfish enjoyment!

Hayley said...

so exciting! yes, you must stay in the ward...no ifs, ands, or buts.

Brooke said...

oh, I love staging! well probably not in the process of moving, but I love those hgtv shows. We are in San Francisco still in the Marina. We were able to get a slightly bigger apartment, but still small! good luck with everything!