Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Rock Band Lady

Last night the Rock Band party upstairs reached an insanely loud level. Kevin thought about just going up and asking if he could play too... but instead we tried to just be nice and ignore it. After a few hours of the drum pounding waking Andrew up, I finally decided to do something. I picked up the little man out of his crib (we figured that taking a crying baby up there might help) and went to chat w/our neighbor. Fortunately, she was really nice and apologized profusely. We felt bad too... we don't like being those lame people who ruin other people's parties... so we made her cookies. Just as Kevin was getting ready to deliver the cookies this morning, she arrived at our door with these yummy pumpkin cupcakes and cream cheese frosting to say sorry.


Now we are all friends. We even have a standing invite to come up and play Rock Band... and the parties are going to be held elsewhere. I love having nice neighbors!

2 comments:

delikk said...

Wow, congrats on that friendly exchange. Could have gone much worse. Enjoy the pumpkin cupcakes!

The Bond Family said...

I'm glad those neighbors were nice. We had a similar situation with some undergrads above us in MEnlo Park that were up until 5am every night having parties and just being loud. I don't know how many times I had to go up there at 2am to tell them to be quiet. Luckily they moved after one semester. I like to think I had something to do with that :)