Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bummer of a Day


Yesterday was a bummer of a day and today isn't looking too good either. Yesterday I was blind sided with a crib escaper, non-napper, and grumpy grumpy kid. I had a really negative attitude as the day went on... so then it just proceeded to get worse. Went to Target without my wallet, Andrew screamed bloody murder the whole time I helped set up for a church activity, and then I burst into tears at a friend's house in front of her and her husband- so embarrassing!... and I couldn't stop, just kept blubbering.

Today I am resolved to be a bit nicer, more patient, and have a happier attitude. Unfortunately I have to do that on less sleep, since Andrew was up all night not wanting to sleep in his room AND throwing up. What a fun combination!

Today will be spent doing lots of laundry, playing in the bath tub, cleaning, and hopefully napping (unlikely). It was supposed to be spent having a fun Easter Party at our house which kept me up till midnight making cookies and filling plastic eggs with candy. Fortunately the party is still going to go on, just at someone else's house... so all the cookies and eggs won't go to waste!

Such a bummer though! Fortunately I got all my crying out last night in front of my friends ;)

At least I don't have to finishing cleaning my house this morning or do the dishes.

5 comments:

delikk said...

Yes, look on the bright side about not cleaning and doing dishes. Sorry your party was ruined. Hopefully you can get lots of sleep today!

Jenny said...

oh i'm so sorry. that sounds horrible. i've heard of people putting "tents" over the crib so that kids can't get out (you buy them at baby stores)...don't know if that would help. it sounds like he's sick though so i'm sure that's not helping his sleep. poor little guy and poor you.

Ashley said...

Ugh, I hate those days! Max is getting pretty tantrum-y these days and it's not fun. I have done the Target without a wallet thing--not realizing til I've shopped for an hour and filled my cart. So frustrating! I hope Andrew feels better soon!

Jessica said...

Oh man, sorry. I've had many of those days. No fun. Let me know if you need anything...chocolate, brownies, frozen yogurt :-)

Candice said...

I completely understand the breakdown and crying when your kid isn't sleeping well. Nothing gets me more worked up than Livvy throwing me curveballs with her sleeping. Here's hoping you get lots of sleep tonight!