Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Crib Tent!

We are trying to survive another month or two with Andrew in his crib. I don't want him running around or having to sleep in unfamiliar places when we are in Hawaii in two weeks... so I bought this handy dandy crib tent... and got another one that is a little smaller for his pack n play.


It has been working wonderfully. We call it his crib "fort" and he gets to bring special toys inside every night. For the most part, he doesn't fuss too much and he hasn't figure out how to get out... yet.


This contraption and his crib are like my security blanket... since I know he'll actually sleep inside. Hopefully sometime this summer we can move him to a toddler bed... but I'm really not wanting to rush it. Am I crazy?


On a different note, this was my favorite picture of the night. Such cute guys.


I love them both! Right now Andrew is his cutest self ever. When I give him kisses, he says, "I love you mommy." When I help him with anything or get him food, he always says, "Thank you mommy!" He laughs at the littlest things and right now he is obsessed with bugs. He will lie on the ground and watch ants for hours. Today he got them to crawl all over his hands and then said, "Look mommy!" and then quickly said, "Get them off mommy!"

This is his favorite new trick to do with me and Kevin...



I have such a fun life getting to hang out with both of these cute guys!

2 comments:

The Mostess said...

I always enjoy when kids get the dreaded crib tent. At first, they think it's great--then they wise up.

Julia had one for a few weeks, and managed to speak her first sentence to me via baby monitor: "Hey, you! get this little crib tent off the top of my crib!!"

Good vocabulary, bad luck. ;)

Madsen Family said...

I say go for the crib tent with gusto. I would be doing the exact same thing if I were you--I am SO not ready for Will to be in a bed. My life is a breeze for sleeping--story, song and plop the kid into bed. Sure, most nights he plays in his crib for a while, but I know he's safe and sound.

Good luck. You'll have to let us know if it works (esp. the travel port-a-crib one because Will CAN get out of those bad boys).