Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Handout Swap

I teach the young women at church pretty much every Sunday. I love making cute handouts and planning fun things for them. Sometimes I spend too much time on them... but I have fun doing it. As my dad likes to say, "Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess"... right? ;)


My friend Sandy had a brilliant idea for us to get together once a month to create hand outs for the entire month. Three of us got together this morning to put them all together. We each took one lesson (one Sunday) and came up with a handout idea and got all of the materials.

Today we hung out for an hour or so and put the handouts together while we chatted. It was way more fun than putting them together on Saturday night alone while watching TV (usually at 11pm).

When the morning was over, we each had a bag of handouts for three Sundays for three different lessons. Does that make sense? I love it. Now I can spend my Saturday nights focusing on the meat of my lessons and not a cutesy handout (which I love and the girls love and don't want to NOT make... so this was a win/win).

Hurray for a productive morning!

2 comments:

E J said...

Why am I not living closer to you?

Chrissie said...

What a great idea!