Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

And He's Growing... {Ryan @ 2 months}

I love these pictures that Kevin took of Ryan with his miracle blanket. I think the first one was when he was around 2 weeks old... and then the other one is from last night (at about 2 months old- his 2 month birthday was last Thursday). Man has Ryan grown. It is CRAZY! He looks like a completely different kid now.



The 2 month old Ryan...


  • weighs over 13 lbs (we'll know exactly how big he is when we go to the doctor next week)
  • wears size 0-3 month clothes
  • wears size 2 diapers
  • sleeps between 4-6 hours in a row at night... and then eats... and then usually sleeps another 3 hours. Lately he goes to bed at 11/11:30, wakes up at 5 or 6am for a feeding, and then wakes up for the day around 9am. Not too shabby... and then he'll throw me a curve ball a few other times a week and be up every hour or two or want to eat for 2 hours, etc. There still isn't much consistency... but I am not sleepwalking through the day any more and feel less like I am a demon. :) Hooray
  • smiles and coos (so adorable)
  • rolls from front to back when we put him on his tummy and it totally cracks Andrew up
  • takes very few naps... so we're working on that... most are like 20 minutes long... today he slept for an hour in his crib and I kept checking the video monitor wondering if something was wrong. I enjoyed every minute of my time playing princesses with Catie with my arms free
  • is sooooo sweet and happy and chill. We are hoping this continues. He usually is a little fussy at nighttime once the kids go to sleep, but generally is such a relaxed kid. I love to cuddle with him.
  • likes his pacifier, but isn't a total addict... still deciding if this is good or bad :)
  • loves to be moving around and checking things out... he is not a fan of people sitting down when they are holding him... so he is keeping me on my feet. I guess since I rarely sat down when I was pregnant with him this shouldn't be a surprise at all.
We feel so incredibly blessed to have this little sweetheart in our family. I am so excited to see how his personality works in with the rest of our kids. Catie and Ryan absolutely adore him and are always trying to give him kisses. 

Hopefully I'll get some better photos of him with my actual camera soon!

No comments: