Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

11 Months

Andrew is now almost a year old. We celebrated his 11 month birthday on Saturday by doing a lot of quick cleaning for some surprise apartment showings... and then doing some playing. Andrew LOVES having his dad home! They spent several hours together on Saturday morning while I slept in until 9am- I have such a super husband!

Baseball cap buddies


Ta-da!


Please weigh in your opinion on this: Black cords w/ blue/navy blue striped shirt? Fashion faux pas? or OK?


Favorite things about my little 11-month old include...

- how nicely he plays with others kids (since he has no concept of what is his yet, if a friend grabs something from him, he just finds something else... I am not looking forward to the "mine" and not liking to share stage)

Hanging out with his buddy


- how a little piece of food can solve pretty much any and every problem- long car rides, bumps on his head... whatever. I feel like this kid eats nonstop. At least I am not wasting groceries any more. I would love any suggestions on good, cheap finger foods and snack foods though.


- and how the little man is starting to understand things I say and follow directions. It makes things a lot easier and more fun. If I'm in another room, I tell him where I am and he finds me. If I ask him to go get one of his toys, there's a high chance that he'll go get what I ask. It is surprising how fast babies pick things up.

Now I just can't wait til next month so I can turn his car seat around!

3 comments:

kt said...

haven't you heard? you can wear black with navy, with brown, with anything! I actually totally dig the blue / black combination. Enjoy it while it lasts ;)

Liz said...

We eat tons and tons of goldfish in this house. They sell a huge container at Target and SW. I also love Rold Gold Honey Wheat Braided Twist Pretzels.

Andrew is such a doll and very smart as well. How impressive that he can find you. I'm sure it helps that his mom knows how to positively reinforce him all the time! And really I don't think it matters what Andrew wears. His cute little face is all I see, but every outfit I've ever seen him in looks darling. Black and blue look fine!!

Jenni said...

Heyy friends it's Jenni Ball! Haha I'm getting into the blogging scene for an economics project (http://smithkirks.blogspot.com) and I got the link to your blog from Hayley Atwood's.

Anyways, I just love Andrew. He's a total cute and I love the month-by-month photo update you're doing. Love you guys!

~Jenni