Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 Theme

For the past decade + I have always had a yearly theme. My favorite one was "Do More in 2004"... which led to "Stay Alive to Thrive in 2005" (we partied a little too hard in 2004). :) My theme becomes a little personal mantra to help me stay focused each year.


Anyways, this year my theme is based on our church's Youth theme for 2009. I love it! My catchy theme will be "Let your light shine in 2009" (very original, I know :)).... and my theme scripture will coincide with the youth theme for the year:

"Be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

(1 Timothy 4:12)

You can read more about this theme by our church leaders here and here. There is also a great talk by our prophet, Thomas S. Monson, called Be Thou An Example that goes along with this theme perfectly.

I am still trying to come up with my list of resolutions that go with the theme... there is A LOT that I have to work on!! I love having the opportunity to set new goals each year, reflect on the past year, and recommit to being a little better. I hope you all will also let your light shine in 2009 (in whatever way works for you). Happy New Year!

No comments: