Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Things that did NOT happen December

1. Cookie baking and gift giving to friends and neighbors


Hopefully I can make up for my negligence throughout the rest of this next year. There were no late night cellophane wrapping parties or cookies strewn about our apartment during December. :( If you didn't get something from us on your doorstep last month, don't think that I forgot you. In fact, I thought about you more in December than I usually do... I even bought the cutest little presents to give out, wrapped with darling holiday ribbon (inspired by my ribbon fanatic friends) and then time just slipped away from me b/c our crazy condo stuff got in the way. I officially delivered one. The rest of you will probably get to enjoy them next year... or else maybe if we celebrate Christmas in July?

2. Christmas Cards

We had great intentions... I even stayed up way too late on several nights to attempt to design a Christmas card, but they never got printed or mailed. My resolution for next year is to be more organized and less busy in December! (ha! like that will actually happen..) Either way, we've loved all the Christmas cards and newsletters we've received, so PLEASE don't take us off your lists because we were slackers this year. :)

Just pretend that this image was sent in the mail to your house with a holiday stamp in a cute envelope, hand-addressed by me.


3. Decorating

I am still sad I didn't get to put up my Christmas tree this year, but I am very happy that I didn't have to take it down when we got back from Utah. I am already looking forward to next year so that I can actually use my Christmas dishes.

Despite all of the things we neglected to do this year, 2008 was such a great one for our little family and we feel so blessed! We hope you all had a Merry Christmas and enjoy a fabulous 2009!!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

that picture of andrew in the tux is ADORABLE!!! and yes, i was waiting for goodies from you all december. glad to know there was a reason i didn't get any. j/k. i failed to deliver any also. in fact, i had several wrapped up and just never ended up delivering, so i vote for christmas in july too :)