Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

Lazy Days

It has been raining for the past two days and Andrew and I have just been pretty lazy. We rarely leave the house before 2pm. I mostly just follow the little guy around...

Talking on his phone w/ dad

Driving his truck around

Parking at the toilet and doing a little flushing

Off on his next adventure

Under the tunnel

Back to the toys

Helping put his high chair away

Helping bake treats

We are looking forward to the sun's return sometime next week. In the meantime, we're getting a lot of dishes, cleaning, and laundry done! I've also been getting ready for our church young women's program focused on "Finding Joy in the Journey." It has been so easy to enjoy this week with this subject on my mind. I have been cherishing each moment with my cute little guy.

I love this quote from President Monson's talk:

"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."

Lazy days are becoming my favorites... and I am learning to appreciate the sticky fingerprints and crumbs everywhere :)

3 comments:

delikk said...

Seems to me like you're really enjoying this stage in Andrew's life. You're definitely loving his little fingerprints!!

The Bond Family said...

thanks for that quote! just tonight i had to give a big sigh as Amelia dumped her soup all over the floor only 15 minutes after I had finished mopping. luckily i am used to it and am trying to appreciate her toddler clumsiness. whenever i'm having a bad day, i say to myself "this goes by fast, I need to enjoy every moment" it helps me calm down. so i'm trying to "enjoy the journey" Andrew is the cutest thing! Thanks for posting all the darling pictures!

Hayley said...

lazy days are my favorite. and that's saying a lot because i REALLY love the sun.