Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

FHE

On Monday nights I have been trying to get better at holding regular Family Home Evenings. A lot of the time it is just me and Andrew. I have discovered that if I stick Andrew in his high chair with a snack, instead of letting him run around all over the apartment, we are actually able to have a very brief little lesson and he actually concentrates.

Today we talked about our Heavenly Father's plan for us. (I just started using the new nursery manual for my curriculum and I love it so much better than the old one!)

The lesson talked about how Heavenly Father sent us down to earth to get a body and be part of a family. He wants us to be happy!


He sent Jesus to help us learn to choose the right so that we can return to live with him again.


Andrew and I clapped as I sang "I am a child of God."

I was reminded today of how grateful I am for this simple little lesson that we teach in our church. I feel so blessed to know that I will be able to live with my Heavenly Father and family again and that we will be together forever. I am especially excited to some day introduce Andrew to his Grandpa Buskirk who he is named after and who likes dessert as much as he does!

After the lesson, I introduced crayons and coloring to the little guy for the first time. I taped his paper to his tray so it wouldn't move around. I demonstrated a bit and then he did some drawing too. He thought it was fun and especially loved making dots by banging the crayon on the paper. He has a long ways to go before he wants to color a lot, but it was fun to try it out.


When Kev got home we played our FHE game... another Easter egg hunt! This time Andrew was all over the place getting the eggs. He even mastered a nice little trick of slamming the eggs onto the floor so that they would pop open and he could get the treats. What a smart kid!



He loved giving the eggs to his daddy! I am so grateful for being able to have such a fun night with my favorite guys!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

way to go with the FHE! i started including Kate when she went into nursery and i was amazed at how much she can learn! i also use the new nursery manual and i am obsessed with it for a simple, quick lesson perfect for that age.