Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend Recap

We have been talking a lot about airplanes at our house lately. In the evenings when I am bored and don't want to work and need something to do, I've been sorting through early childhood education websites and books. We started our first theme this week. I'm going to try and do a different theme each month... and then break it down weekly into different units. This month we are studying different modes of transportation... so this week we are focusing on airplanes.

Friday we spent a lot of time playing with airplanes, we made a glider, colored pictures of airplanes and other things that fly, sang songs about airplanes, pretended we were airplanes and ran around the house a lot, flew planes around the house, and worked on learning the different parts of the airplanes. Somehow the morning felt so much more productive b/c we had something to focus on.


It is always shocking to me how smart kids are and how quickly they pick things up. It is amazing how much they understand too! I am a little weird and love testing Andrew's comprehension and receptive language skills... I'm sure he'll get annoyed with it when he is older... but for now he loves the attention :)


Andrew was not a huge fan on my trash bag smock... but he loved the markers. (I drew the very awful airplane... he is not that talented yet :))


I've been feeling like drawing lately and I can't seem to rekindle my old sketching talent, so I decided to work on it by making Andrew a little book about airplanes. This is the cover... hopefully the plot develops soon... I'm having a little writers block already.


On Saturday we went to the park since we needed to get out of our condo. The playground was way too hot so Andrew couldn't do much. We wandered around and found my favorite person ever- THE ICE CREAM MAN! The little man loved his sour popsicle. Can you tell it was a little tart? Such a great face.


Then we goofed around a bit. What a strong little guy!


On Saturday night I went up to SF with my friend Kaari to see the musical Grease at the Golden Gate Theater. It was my first trip to the theater in SF and I loved it!


The show was great and featured American Idol guy Taylor Hicks as Teen Angel. Kaari got him to sign an album she bought for a friend (you can read more about that here)... so we both got nice and close and appeared to be like all the other psycho fanatic girls (except that neither of us know that much about him... or really watch American Idol). He seemed really nice though... although it was really tough to get him to smile normally so we could get a good picture.


This was the best I could get


He signed Kaari's poster (even though it was already fake signed by him) and the CD.


It was a great night! Made me reminisce about dressing up as the Pink Ladies for Halloween and watching Grease the movie (1 & 2) over and over and over again with Elise when I was younger. Such awesome music to dance around to.


Just another incredibly fun weekend in sunny California!

1 comment:

The Mostess said...

Haha...those pics are great! Thanks for joining me--Grease is the word!